This manual will teach
about everything you need to know about PracticeMaker®.
Each chapter is contained
inside its own folder.
- To open that chapter click its icon to
open its list of subjects. Then read the
- To read a specific topic click its
- Click the collapse icon to close that list of topics.
To print a page or
the Printer Friendly Version button at the very top of the
Many images have any
associated [click here to enlarge above image]. This will open that
image into its own window. If there is no associated link you can right
click on the image (control-click for Mac OS with a one button moue)
and select View Image. This
will also open the image in its own window.
There are "hyperlinks"
located throughout each chapter to instantly link you to related
sections elsewhere in the manual. A hyperlink is any text object that
look like this...sample hyperlink that does
not work. Once you
have linked to another section you can return to the previous page by
the back button, just as with any web browser system or web
The manual has been
organized to first teach you about the Patients module and its
associated files, and then to proceed to Billing, claim printing, etc.
The logic is as follows:
- Quick Start
- For those who are experienced, this is for you!
- Office startup- This is
your preferences are stored
- Patient- This database stores
all your patients
- Diagnoses - learn to
list and do searches
- Insurances - if you bill
insurance, you need records here
- Coverages - This database stores
the patient's insurance information
- Zip Codes - This database has
- Phonebook - All provider,
and other contact,
information goes here
- Procedures - Before you can create
charges, you have to put in your fees
- Picklist - This database stores
lists used for billing
- Picklist user - This databases
stores list for billing, appointment scheduling and more
- Billing - This module does all the
invoice creation and creates reports
- Quick invoices - This
used for template billing
- Lineitems - This database
stores all charges, procedures, adjustment
- Forms - This module print
forms, superbills and more.
- Appointments - This is the heart of the scheduling
- Letters - This module is used
to print letters, patient instructions and is able to merge information
from all databases
- Electronic claims - This series of 4
files is used to create and receive electronic claims files.
- Vision - This module is free to all
eye care providers and has a contact lens database.
- Prescriptions - This add-on module
is extra a prints prescription labels for dispensing medications.
- Dental - This module stores
information about missing teeth (its uses the "Specialty" database).