Optical Shop Software™ v11
The software you've been waiting for at a price
you've been dreaming of... $1199
All current pricing is just below
Macintosh & Windows Demos Available for download
- Compatible with Macintosh OS 10.8 and higher
- Compatible with Windows Windows 7, 8.1 (not tested on Windows 10)
- Uses FileMaker Pro 13/14 for cross platform compatibility.
- Includes 60 days of technical support for single workstation
version (add $200 for networked version). Additional tech support can be
purchased to extend support for additional years
- Two hours of web-based training. Additional training can be purchased on an hourly basis (ask for quote)
- Integrated electronic manual (page printing supported from your default brower)
- Stores patient's contact lens information and lists all previous orders
- Basic paperless eye exam record and user (see below)
- Has add-on inventory module with pre-programmed laser barcode scanner (ask for quote)
- Cost of Goods analysis
- Administrator's screen allow easier changes and posting to invoices
- Print image of NEW CMS-1500 (NPI compliant) available for online
claim submission to the clearinghouse of your choice (add-on extra
Pricing and Optional Items and Services
- The Single User, non-networked software costs an amazing $1199!
- The networkable version (up to 4 computers) costs $1499!
- 5 workstations or more, or if you want the iPad photo taking
add-on, requires FileMaker Server (which allows for at least 100 current
- Each computer will need a copy of FileMaker 13 ($299 per copy), or FileMaker 14. Click here for FileMaker 14 and FileMaker 14 Server pricing
- DocuManager™ is our document management system. Using any scanner
that can place a scanned document in a specific folder on your computer,
you can save documents related to a patient to a secure location on
your server computer.
- FramesData CD to export the frame board into our database (read more below)
- SPEX CD interface allows you to select which frame to import into our database
- Inventory module with pre-programmed laser barcode reader to allow
you to quickly scan current inventory and compare to expected counts in
the inventory database.
- Additional yearly technical support and update contracts are available (base price comes with 60 days)
- Expanded technical support to include software, hardware and networking support
- Additional web-based training
Basic eye care paperless records
- Create unlimited templates (see a sample screen below)
- Copy and change previous exams for the current exam
- View historical data (IOP, Vision)in date-sorted scrollable lists.
- Print examinations for patient chart
Comprehensive Patient Database
The Comprehensive Patient database (adapted from our award winning
medical office software, PracticeMaker®) stores all important
demographic information, from phone numbers to insurance information.
Tabs organize information in concise sections! Notice the screen shot
has patient count as over 40,000 records!
Procedures (Products) Database
This database contains a record of each product you sell, with its Charge, Equivalent CPT code (for insurance claim submission on paper) and field for the SKU/UPC
. In the Inventory section there is a field for your Cost, for accurate
profits reports, and fields telling you if you can apply a Discount to
an item or if it is Taxable.
- Specific fields for Frames (as shown above) and Lenses (material
and type like single vision or progressive) store exact specifications
so that order entry is streamlined and virtually error free. The example
above shows a record with the frame's image which was copied from a
website and pasted into the record using the Paste Image button.
item is linked to not only a manufacturer but the vendor you want to
order it from. This is used for the order faxing system to automatically
fax orders to your vendors and make your business run efficiently!
- Inventory control is included and can be used with barcodes!
Optical Record (Order) Entry
The order entry screen now has a clean, single screen design. Past prescription can easily be listed by clicking the blue Past Rx's button in the middle of the screen! Unlimited orders are displayed on one screen. To add a Frame to the order click the green + icon just upper left of the ordered items list.
After adding a blank Frame entry, you can select a frame by simply clicking into the Code or UPC field and scanning ot typing in the code. You could also switch to the Previous Frame tab or to the Frame Selector tab to make a different choice.
After a Frame item is complete, you can add a lens but just clicking the green +Lens icon on the same row. When you do the following screen pops up. Just as with ordering a Frame you have three methods of selecting a lens.
Many lens measurements, such as "Total Decentration", Above and Below, are automatically calculated for you depending on the patient's PD measurements, the Frame PD (A measure plus DBL) and Height.
Tinting is easily added to the order and you decide if you or the outside lab will do it.
If the Right lens is the same as the Left lens, just click the OD=OS button on the Frame line (here not seen because both lens have already been added to the order.
To add a payment to the order click the Add Payment button and complete the fields.
This gives you a brief overview of how an order is started and a payment posted.
There are many reports available in Optical Shop Software™2010.
Because of our built in security system, only certain users are capable
of printing reports and/or printing vendor orders. The list of reports
is as follows:
- Daily Report: This creates a report of all goods
sold and payments posted for a particular day. This report can show just
one office prescriber or all providers in one report. For this report
you need to select which provider (or use all) and the date.
- Accounts Receivable: This creates one of several different reports based on the presets you enter on screen.
- Vendor Orders: This creates and either prints or
faxes your daily orders to your vendors. If your software is enabled to
fax, then either choice is available, otherwise only the Print options
- Income Report: This report shows your income and
profits for a specified time period. This report can summarize just one
provider, or show all combined activity. There are report Wizards that
can help you clear or fill in your date fields.
- Insurance Payments: This report lists all
payments flagged as “Insurance” and sorts them by the Insurance assigned
to an invoice. You can select one Insurance.
- Items Sold: This report gives you details on how many of each item or service was sold during a specified time period.
- Job Totals: This report tallies up all the jobs and sorts them by Prescriber for the specified time period
- Patient Statements: This will print all patient
statements that are flagged for printing. An invoice is "flagged" when
the Print Status is set to "Batch".
- Paper Claims: This will print all insurance
claims that are flagged for printing. An invoice is "flagged" when the
Print Status is set to "Batch".
- Cost of Goods: This is the newest report to our
system. It shows you exactly what the value of your inventory is at that
moment in time. The report can be for all items or you can select just
one (such as frames or lenses)!
FramesCD Link now available
Optical Shop Software™ now has the ability to import the contents of your FramesData CD
"Frame board" into our Procedures module. This means not having to type
in all the specifications, including the UPC, of the frames you want to
sell. This feature will save you hours of data entry. This feature is
available for a one time fee and does require a minimal amount of user